The COVID-19 pandemic shows no sign of slowing here in the U.S., and many Americans are still staying in their homes. Business owners have risen to the challenge and implemented safety measures, including allowing many of their staff to work from home.
What does this mean, in our opinion? It means that NOW is the perfect time to replace your commercial roof.
Take Advantage of this Time and Repair or Replace Your Commercial Roof
We’ve seen companies wait too long and miss opportunities when it comes to roof repair and replacement. Here are just a few reasons now is a good time to consider prioritizing your roof:
- With fewer people in the office, you can make needed repairs or replace your commercial roof without disruption to your business.
- Summer is a prime season for roof repair, allowing us to finish the job before bad weather hits.
- It’s also a perfect time to capture discounts that may not be available at other times during the year.
If you’re hesitant to make this decision or unsure whether your roof needs a complete replacement, we understand. For businesses concerned about cost, it can be a serious undertaking. However, we’ve been in the business long enough to recognize an ailing roof. We can help.
Signs Your Commercial Roof Needs to be Replaced
The first way to determine whether or not you need your business’ roof replaced is simple: age.
Each type of roof has a different lifespan. Asphalt roof systems, for instance, generally last between 20 and 25 years. Commercial EDPM rubber roofs can last up to 35 years. If you haven’t replaced your roof since the mid-90s, it’s definitely time to hire a professional and get an estimate.
Here are a few other signs you may need a roofing consultation:
- Repairs are becoming more expensive. We offer clients this rule of thumb: When roof repairs will cost you over 50% of the cost of a new roof, it’s time to pull the trigger and replace. By then, it’s clear that your existing roofing system is no longer cost-effective. Have you been spending increasingly more on minor roof repairs? If so, give us a call.
- You notice leaks or other indications of damage. Have you seen water spots on your ceiling? Does your facility smell of mold? Are there signs of blistering, bald spots, or lifting on your flat roof? Are your shingles beginning to curl, crack, or split? All of these signs may indicate significant roof damage.
- Your energy bills are rising. Higher energy bills indicate that your roof system isn’t performing the way it should. If you notice that you’re losing more out of pocket each month, it’s definitely time to call for a repair or a full replacement. Remember, your roof doesn’t just keep the rain out; it also keeps heated or cooled air in.
- You have plans for your facility that your current roof simply can’t handle. If your future plans include solar panels, for instance, or an expansion or structural improvement to your existing property, you should have your roof inspected first. Your inspector may find that your roofing system just won’t hold up to additional installations. Understanding your current roof conditions can help you better prepare and prioritize for upcoming projects.
The Condition of Your Roof Impacts Your Bottom Line
A new roof doesn’t just boost your business’ curb appeal; it also gives you more protection against the elements. If you’ve been putting off repairs until “the time is right,” you’re taking a risk.
Plus, depending on your facility and repair needs, a commercial roof replacement may be a better option than an endless series of expensive fixes.
Don’t let your existing roof deteriorate now, when it may be your best chance to do the work with minimal disruption. While roofing construction can be costly, it may be even more expensive to do nothing.
Contact CWC for Commercial Roof Repair and Replacement Options
Our roofing professionals are experienced with a wide range of commercial roof types. We’re happy to come out to your facility and give you a fair estimate for repairs or a full replacement. We take safety precautions, and we can be there right away. Call us today.