TPO Roofing System:
What is a TPO roofing system?
Thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) single ply membranes are among the fastest growing commercial roofing products and have gained broad industry acceptance for their many performance and installation advantages. The seams of TPO are heat welded together to ensure a leak free system. TPO membranes are also Title 24 and Energy Star rated.
Plus energy efficiency
Call (314) 633-5777
EPDM Roofing System:
What is EPDM roofing?
EPDM is an extremely durable synthetic rubber roofing membrane widely used in low-slope buildings in the United States and worldwide. It’s two primary ingredients, ethylene and propylene, are derived from natural gas. EPDM is available in black and white and is sold in a broad variety of widths ranging from 7.5 feet to 50 feet and is available in multiple thickness gauges. EPDM can be installed fully adhered, mechanically attached or ballasted, with the seams of the roofing system sealed with liquid adhesives or specially formulated tape.
Modified Bitumen Cap Sheet Roofing System:
This type of roofing is an evolution of asphalt roofing. It is made from asphalt and a variety of rubber modifiers and solvents. There are several ways of connecting pieces of this material. In a heat application process the seams are heated to melt the asphalt together to create a seal. There are also hot mopped and self adhering applications and the sheet is available in a smooth or granulated surface. This material is also referred to as APP, SBS, and SEBS.
TPO vs EPDM
Over the last 10-years TPO has overtaken EPDM as the membrane of choice for building owners.
- Superior reliability – TPO seams are 4 times stronger than taped EPDM.
- Easier to install – TPO membranes are installed using half the steps as compared to EPDM, thus less room for error.
- Puncture resistant – TPO is up to 3 times more puncture resistant compared to EPDM.
- Lower cost solution – The ease of installation saves money on labor.
- Energy efficiency – TPO roofs transmit much less solar radiation (versus black EPDM) into your facility, thereby resulting in energy savings.
CWC is a Certified Installer and can provided NO DOLLAR LIMIT MANUFACTURERS” WARRANTIES FOR:
We apply TPO/EPDM roof coatings in St Louis, Jefferson County, St Charles County and nearby cities.